I’m a writer and media producer working in Toronto, Ontario.
You can find my fiction in the 2016 Journey Prize Stories and the 2015 Bristol Short Story Prize Anthology, in literary journals like The Malahat Review and EVENT, and online at Joyland and The Danforth Review. My e-book, The Last Ham, is available through House of Anansi Digital. I sometimes review books for The Globe and Mail and contribute to magazines like The Walrus and Canada’s History.
As a media producer, I explore emerging forms such as interactive documentary and virtual and augmented reality. My productions include the cross-platform National Parks Project, the literary documentary, Northwords, and the CSA-nominated Canada 150 project, SESQUI.
- 2016 Journey Prize shortlist, “How the Grizzly Came to Hang in the Royal Oak Hotel”
- 2015 Jack Hodgins Founders Award for Fiction, “Home Range”
- 2015 Bristol Short Story Prize, Second Place, “Between the Pickles”
- 2014 Canadian Screen Award, Nominated, Best Science/Nature Documentary, “Mission Asteroid”
- 2011 Genie Award for Best Short Documentary, “National Parks Project: Sirmilik”
- 2011 Gemini Award for Best Performing Arts Documentary Series, The National Parks Project
- Fellow, 2014/15 TAC Leaders Lab, Toronto Arts Council/Banff Centre for Arts & Creativity
“I see dreamed landscapes as plainly as real ones.” — Fernando Pessoa