I’m a writer and producer working in Toronto, Ontario.
You can find my fiction in the 2016 Journey Prize Stories and the 2015 Bristol Short Story Prize Anthology, literary journals like The Malahat Review and EVENT, and online at Joyland and The Danforth Review. My e-book, The Last Ham, is available here. I sometimes review books for The Globe and Mail and write for magazines like The Walrus and Canada’s History.
As a media producer, I enjoy exploring emerging forms like interactive documentary and virtual and augmented reality. My productions include The National Parks Project, Northwords, and Meridian, a VR app for the CSA-nominated project, SESQUI.
- 2016 Journey Prize shortlist, “How the Grizzly Came to Hang in the Royal Oak Hotel
- 2015 Bristol Short Story Prize, Second Place, “Between the Pickles”
- 2014 CSA Nomination, Best Science/Nature Documentary, “Mission Asteroid”
- 2011 Genie Award, Best Short Documentary, “Sirmilik”
- 2011 Gemini Award, Best Arts or Performing Arts Documentary Series, The National Parks Project
- 2015 TAC Leaders Lab Fellow
“I see dreamed landscapes as plainly as real ones.” — Fernando Pessoa